I am a fully qualified RNLD (registered nurse for learning disability), professionally registered with The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) since 2008.
Get in touch, I’d love to have a chat with you in person, or over the phone to better understand your needs. I can also provide further information on my qualifications and training.
My experience as a nurse has provided me with knowledge and skills in a variety of areas such as:
- First aid (including intensive life support)
- Continence and skincare
- Administration of medication and record-keeping
- Mobility and Manual handling
- Challenging behaviour and positive behavioural support
- Feeding and dysphagia including use of PEG tubes
- Multisensory and therapeutic activities
- Safeguarding for vulnerable adults
- Mental health and well being
I am extremely ardent about my work with a genuine heartfelt passion to work in partnership with individuals and all those involved with them. I believe this holistic approach allows people more control over their own lifestyles and arrangements.
I am also a volunteer with Guide Dogs NI. I provide regular assistance to individuals living with sight loss in the community. My role is to promote independence, confidence and social interaction.